Friday, September 5, 2008

Calling all chocolate lovers!

Okay, I don't post recipes, but these cookies were so good and so easy to make that I thought I would share. You have got to try them if you like chocolate.



Suprise Cookies
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
12 large marshmallows, cut in half horizontally

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, milk, and vanilla, and beat until well combined. Add reserved flour mixture; mix on low speed until combined. Using a tablespoon or 1 3/4-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies begin to spread and become firm, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove baking sheets from oven, and place a marshmallow, cut-side down, in the center of each cookie, pressing down slightly. Return to oven, and continue baking until marshmallows begins to melt, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting. Spread about 1 tablespoon of frosting over each marshmallow, starting in the center and continuing outward until marshmallow is covered.

Chocolate Frosting for cookies

2 cups confectioners' sugar
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Place confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk in butter and cocoa powder. Add milk and vanilla, and whisk until well combined.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Allison said...

OK WOW those look SOO good.

Me said...

They are amazing! I am there! Thank you! Well, it looks as if our pool party will be have to be rescheduled if Ike keeps coming our way! Bummer!!

Tiffany said...

Those look divine!

Anayansi said...

i am so going to try those out!

Patty said...

They look really yummy! I love chocolate!!

Kim said...

Hey Erica! I just made cookies, but the next time I make cookies, I'm going to have to give these a try. They look delish. I gave you a blog award. Check out my blog for details.

Shauna said...

Thanks for sharing your cookie recipe. I gave them a try, and they were a hit!

Kami said...

man Erica why did you have to post those? I want some right now and don't have anything to make them!LOL